My Cask beer is flat and tastes off?
- Your beer might be too cold. Check cellar temperature it should be around 11 – 13 degrees centigrade.
- How long has your beer been on service, it might be past its best?
- Was your cask vented properly?
My Cask beer tastes of vinegar and has off tastes?
- Your beer has been on service too long and has gone off. Probably infected
My Cask Ale is very lively?
- Have you vented and conditioned the cask properly?
- Is your beer serving at the correct temperature? Check cellar temperature.
- Have you cleaned your lines? At least once a week minimum.
- Check the sparkler has not been over tightened.
- Don’t try to pull your beer engine too quickly.
- Check a hop filter is fitted and cask tap nut is tight.
My Real Ale is flat but tastes great?
- Are you serving it correctly? Swan neck to the bottom of the glass, correct sparkler and a steady even pull.
- Your beer might be too cold.
My Beer Engine is stiff?
- Is the cask tap open and gas pump if fitted turned on?
- Check your hop filter is clean.
- Is the hard peg still in the barrel?
- The beer engine might be faulty, call Technical Services
- The back check valve may be faulty, call Technical Services.